Ways To Practice Self-Care When You’re Stuck At Home
Feeling a little stir-crazy from being at home over coronavirus concerns? You’re so not alone. With everything closing down and many people doing the responsible social distancing thing, it’s the perfect time for some self-care. Here are some ways to recharge and get your head straight while you’re stuck at home….
- Keep up your exercise routine – You may not be able to go to the gym or your regular yoga class, but thanks to the Internet, we can all still workout at home. You might not feel motivated, but doing it will help you feel good and get healthier, too.
- Learn a new language – If you’ve been thinking about learning Mandarin or German, this is the time to give it a try. It’ll help fight the boredom of being at home and give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Fire up the kitchen – Since you can’t go out to eat, now’s the time to get cooking. Even if you can’t cook, YouTube is loaded with free lessons for beginners, so pick out some recipes and give it a try.
- Watch all the things – Streaming TV is here for you in your time of need and Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu are full of all the shows and movies you’ve wanted to watch, but didn’t get to.
- Don’t booze it up too much – Sitting around the house eating and binge watching TV may seem like the time to drink as much as you want, but overindulging won’t make you feel better tomorrow.
- Clean up and organize – This isn’t everyone’s favorite downtime activity, but when you’re stuck at home and feeling claustrophobic, tidying up a little could really help.
- Start a new hobby – You’ve got nothing but time and nowhere to go, so go ahead and give origami or knitting or chess or writing that detective novel a try.
- Take up meditation – If you’ve always been too busy to sit still and quiet your brain, this is your chance to see what meditation is all about.
- And remember, social distancing doesn’t mean total isolation – You don’t have to turn into a recluse, so give your loved ones a call, text your friends, use FaceTime, and play Words With Friends. You don’t have to go through this alone when you’ve got technology.