With so many people working from home, the Internet has become a lifeline for everybody, so having a good connectivity is a must. No one wants to deal with a slow Internet, and there are some simple things you can do to maximize your connection and keep everyone happily online.
- Don’t use the microwave – Using the microwave can reduce your Wi-Fi signal so don’t use it when you’re doing something important online, like being on a video call.
- Make sure your router is optimally placed – Put it on a table or shelf rather than the floor, and try and keep it away from things like cordless phones, halogen lamps, TVs and such.
- Disconnect other devices from your Wi-Fi when not using them – Phones and tablets will often use the Internet in the background even when you’re not using them, which could slow down your speed.
- Schedule wisely – Try to schedule things so multiple people aren’t on video calls at the same time, or try downloading a video in advance instead of streaming it.
- Make sure your router is connected properly – It should be plugged directly into your main phone socket.
- Ethernet cables – You can use Ethernet cables to directly connect to your router, which produces better Internet speeds than Wi-Fi.