It’s safe to say that a lot of us have been feeling a lot of extra stress lately, and folks have found all sorts of ways to deal with it.
A new survey finds:
- 50% of folks say getting out in nature is one of the best things they do to de-stress and help their mental health.
- Other positive things they do for their mental health include:
- Get enough sleep (44%)
- Eat healthy (42%)
- Spend time with family (41%)
- Exercise (39%)
- Meditation (35%)
- Unplug from devices (32%)
When it comes to being out in nature, the beach seems to be the preferred location to unwind, although the survey was conducted by flip flop company Reef so you may want to take the results with a grain of salt.
- 60% of Americans say they go to the beach to alleviate stress.
- 80% of people say a day at the beach can put them in a good mood.
- As for what beach activities help them de-stress most, they include:
- Take a leisurely walk (53%)
- Listen to the waves (47%)
- Listen to music (46%)
- Read a book (43%)
- Lay in the sun (42%)