While there have been lots of things to hate about the coronavirus lockdowns, and it’s certainly been a stressful time for parents, some moms and dads have actually found the quarantine has brought them closer to their kids.
A new survey finds:
- 78% of parents say it has helped them get to know their children better.
- Another 78% say it has helped them bond more with their children.
- This is likely due to the fact that parents are now getting six more hours of quality time with their children.
- Some of the ways parents have bonded with their children include:
- Played games with them (52%)
- Showed them some of my favorite movies (45%)
- Showed them some of my favorite TV shows (41%)
- Let them help in the kitchen (39%)
- Listening to them more (37%)
- Play with them more (37%)
- Showed them some of my favorite video games (36%)
- Read a book together (35%)
- Showed them some of my favorite music (34%)
- Taught them my hobby (31%)