1. Halloween candy. Spending is way up compared to last year. And you won’t have as many trick-or-treaters. So a lot of that candy is up for grabs.
2. Lots of sports: The NFL season continues. The NBA Finals got started last night. And the baseball playoffs are on, with Game One of the World Series October 20th.
3. There haven’t been a ton of new movies this year, but a big one just got announced. The new “Borat” sequel hits Amazon Prime on October 23rd.
4. A bunch of big TV shows are coming back: “SNL” this weekend . . . “The Bachelorette” on the October 13th . . . “The Amazing Race” on the 14th . . . “Shark Tank” on the 16th . . . “The Voice” on the 19th . . . “Big Brother” on the 28th . . . and season two of “The Mandalorian” hits Disney-Plus October 30th.
5. Halloween is the big holiday this month. But here are few more to mark on your calendar: National Taco Day and National Vodka Day are this Sunday . . . Columbus Day is October 12th . . . Sweetest Day is October 17th . . . and yes, this is real: Friday, October 23rd is “Slap Your Annoying Coworker Day.”