Since preparing a Thanksgiving dinner can be stressful and time-consuming, you can save yourself a lot of headaches by using certain grocery store-bought, ready-made items to make your life easier. Here are a few to grab for your Turkey Day feast this year.
- Appetizers – from potato skins, mozzarella sticks, shrimp cocktail and other frozen appetizers there are a lot of choices that will save you time and all you need is a microwave for many of them
- Apple Pie – instead of making the crust, peeling and cutting apples and baking the pie correctly your better option is to buy a pie from your neighborhood bakery. They would love the support.
- Corn – just buy a microwavable bag that is already buttered to save time
- Cornbread – get a box of cornbread mix to shortcut money AND time
- Cranberry sauce – most people prefer the canned variety, so go that route for this one
- Glazed ham – store-bought is the way to go with ham
- Gravy – buy this premade to save yourself stress and time
- Rolls – quick brown-and-serve rolls taste good and are much easier than baking your own
- Salad – don’t worry about chopping vegetables on Thanksgiving—get a premade salad from your local grocer
You can find all these things at your local Raley’s or Smart & Final. If you’re trying to avoid grocery stores, they both offer delivery (Smart & Final delivery is handled via Instacart). Happy food-prep!