Today is the day to celebrate womanhood! Celebrate your mom, your sisters and aunts, your teachers, any and every woman in your life; for what they have given and who they are. Because of hard work of many amazing women throughout history, we have freedoms that we sometimes don’t even think about today. Let’s honor ourselves and those before us who have made a difference in our lives.
How can you honor this day and make a change?
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate this day. If there is something you want to do, but it’s too late to do today, start by marking the day you will work on it on your calendar. Starting movement is great!
- Listen to your favorite female musician and look up the meanings behind her lyrics.
- Look up a lecture, seminar, or festival to attend.
- Organize an event.
- Plan to speak or perform at a local fundraiser.
- Learn about the women who paved the way for many of the rights and freedoms we have today.
- Invite others to join you, including other women, sons, brothers, sisters, and daughters.
- Share your job skills at a local career fair or on zoom.
- Support a local woman’s business.
- Tell the women in your life how much they mean to you.
- Teach your children about the amazing women who’ve made a difference in history.
- Plan a visit to a women’s art exhibition.