There are many ways to prioritize personal wellness that can be rewarding and won’t break your budget. These self-care ideas cost little to nothing and still refresh and pamper you.
- Cover the basics – Start simple by checking in to see if you’re taking care of yourself properly. Did you drink water in the last hour? Did you get enough sleep last night? Have you eaten something nutritious today?
- Reevaluate old habits – Switching up your go-to self-care routine can be as effective as buying something new. Maybe your daily Starbucks run isn’t bringing you the joy it once did and you can start treating yourself to the perfect cup of coffee, just the way you like it, at home instead.
- Visit the library – Satisfy your love for reading without spending anything by checking out books at the library. They even have apps to let you get ebooks on your tablet for free.
- Try meditation – Bring on your inner calm with meditation and relaxation techniques using free apps like Calm or Headspace to help get you started.
- Meet up with friends – Staying connected over Zoom has helped us over the last year, but nothing beats a face-to-face visit with your besties, even if it’s just a quick catch-up in the park.
- Volunteer – Being involved in your community or supporting causes you care about not only benefits others, it can boost your happiness levels, too.
- Treat yourself doesn’t mean every day – We all deserve to treat ourselves every now and then, but keeping your wants and needs in check and cutting down on frivolous spending is also self-care. And by doing that, you’re in a better position to splurge on your exact heart’s desire once in a while.
Source: Real Simple