While June 20th is the official start of summer, and many consider Memorial Day Weekend the unofficial start, there are a lot of people out there who have different ideas on when summer begins. We’ve already been feeling summer-like weather in the 90s!
A new survey finds:
- 59% of Americans believe summer starts way before the “official” start on June 20th.
- And the weather is a good indicator of the kickoff to summer.
- In fact, 51% of people say the summer season starts when the temperature hits 75 degrees.
- Others look to activities to signal the start of summer.
- 34% of people say buying ice cream from an ice cream truck is the true sign summer’s here.
- Other activities signaling the beginning of summer include:
- Barbecues (34%)
- Floating on a river (33%)
- And when it comes to activities, it seems folks are ready to make up for what they missed last year.
- 55% plan to do twice the number of activities they would in a typical summer in order to do things they missed out on last year.
- 45% say they will start their summer activities earlier, and end them later in order to get them all in.
- This won’t come cheap though, with 41% saying all these extra activities will result in them spending more.
- The average person expects to spend at least $1,394 on dining, travel and entertainment.
Source: SWNS Digital