Monster Jam Comes To Sac!
Get ready! Monster Jam is set to return to Sacramento August 13th, 14th & 15th!
Everyone loves Monster Jam including Supercross legend Jeremy McGrath, whose 7 championships make him the sport’s most winningnest racer! He got behind the wheel of a Monster Jam truck for the first time this past weekend in Indianapolis, as part of Monster Jam’s event at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Here are some Monster Jam Fun Facts!
- Each Monster Jam truck is approximately 10.5 feet tall, 12.5 feet wide, 17 feet long and weighs 12,000 pounds.
- A Monster Jam engine will generate 1,500 horsepower, thanks to a supercharger that forces air and fuel into the engine. It is powered by methanol fuel, consumed at the rates of three gallons a minute from a specially constructed safety cell.
- The truck utilizes a four-link racing suspension with four main bars that link the front and rear axles to the frame. It rides on clusters of nitrogen-charged shocks that offer 30 inches of travel in the suspension.
- The BKT tires are 66 inches in diameter and 43 inches wide, inflated to 23 psi pressure, and (with wheel) weigh 645 pounds each.
- The driver’s compartment is a steel safety structure, built from tubing and mounted to the truck frame.
- The truck bodies are custom-built and constructed of fiberglass.
- Each truck is transported in specially prepared trailers, which can include spare parts and as many as two trucks.