Not many people have gotten to experience live music in person over the past 15 months, and it’s pretty apparent they’re missing the experience.
A new global survey finds:
- 58% of those polled say going to a live concert or festival is the activity they are most looking forward to as restrictions ease.
- Live music is so special to some people, that 60% of folks say they remember every second of the first live concert they went to.
- Another 56% will never forget how happy that first concert made them feel.
Of course, there are plenty of live music moments that folks wish they experienced in person.
- The one iconic moment most people wish they saw live was Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem at Super Bowl XXV (32%).
- Other iconic music moments people wish they saw live include:
- Elton John’s performance of “Candle in the Wind” at Princess Diana’s funeral (31%)
- The Beatles’ rooftop concert in London (28%)
- The Rolling Stones performing in Hyde Park (28%)
- Prince’s rainy halftime show at Super Bowl XLI (27%)
- Shakira and J. Lo’s Super Bowl LIV halftime show (27%)
- James Brown’s performance at The Apollo (26%)
- Lady Gaga’s halftime show at Super Bowl LI (26%)
- The Spice Girls reuniting at the 2012 Summer Olympics (26%)
- Woodstock (26%)
Source: SWNS Digital